Buying a home is a large purchase, so it is important to confirm that you are making the best investment. While whole-home inspections are common during the home buying process, we suggest having a basement inspection done as well. Here are a few reasons why you need a basement inspection when purchasing a home:
- Foundation Issues. Your foundation is critical to preserving the safety and structure of your home. Foundation problems are not only dangerous, but they are also very costly to repair. Knowing about foundation problems ahead of time can help you determine if purchasing the home is the best investment for you.
- Mold. Mold can cause a variety of health issues if not promptly removed. Basements are a prime area of mold growth. A basement inspection can help you ensure that you purchase a home that is mold free or help you remediate the mold problem before moving day.
- Leaks. Water leaks are more common in older homes, but they could happen in any home. Basement inspections will look for signs of leaks with detailed attention. Water stains and condensation can both be signs of larger issues that need to be addressed.
- Related Problems in Other Areas. Problems found in the basement can lead to the discovery of other problems throughout the home. For instance, water damage found in the basement can actually be caused by damaged gutters or leaky windows. Finding a small problem in the basement can lead you to other potential issues throughout the home.
- Pest Control. A basement inspection will discover if the house has an infestation of pests like rodents. It also can determine if there is a termite infestation. Termites can cause complete destruction to the house and are a serious issue if found.
Let us protect you from unseen problems and damage with a basement inspection. At Basement Technologies of Western NC, we offer a comprehensive inspection and can provide solutions to problems we may encounter. Give us a call today for more information about basement inspections.