If you want to keep your home safe from the potential dangers that water can create, it is wise to consider waterproofing it.
You’ve likely heard the phrase, “too much of a good thing,” several times in your life, and if you have ever gone through a flood, you know that water may be necessary for life, but too much of it is not a good thing. Water is a very strong force that can erode the strongest of materials, as is evidenced by the many great canyons in the world. If you want to keep your home safe from the potential dangers that water can create, it is wise to consider waterproofing it. At Basement Technologies of Western NC, we offer crawlspace and basement waterproofing services, including ventilation systems, that will keep these areas dry and protect your home.
There are several signs that you should watch for that can signal a need for waterproofing, including:
- Standing water in the basement
- Water stains on the wall or on the floor indicating past water leakage
- You notice actual leaks from the walls or floor
- Your basement windows or doors often have condensation on them
- The door to your basement tends to swell and warp
- You notice musty odors
- You notice mold or mildew
- You experience problems with the wood flooring in your home
- Your HVAC system struggles to control humidity
- You have increased pest and rodent activity
The best way to learn if you need crawlspace or basement waterproofing is to contact us to schedule a comprehensive inspection. We provide you with a detailed report that includes drawings and photos so that you can see what is going on and why waterproofing may be the best investment you make for your Hickory, North Carolina home. Reach out today to learn more.